How long will my root canal last?

Most root canals have a 95% success rate meaning they will last as long as the tooth stays planted in your jaw. The remaining 5% of the time, some of the infection may have been left behind or if you do not have a crown placed over your root canal or you get a cavity on the tooth, bacteria can re-enter and cause the root canal to be infected again. The problem is often solved by repeating the procedure.

Comments are closed.